Saturday, July 19, 2008

Great Friend, Great Visit

I've been offline for a couple of weeks because of Amanda's visit. We were way to busy having fun to spend time here blogging! It was great having someone from home here to hang out with. She got to stay for a long enough time that we didn't have to pack every day with touristy things to do. Some days we just layed around laughing and watching movies--and that is some therapy i was in serious need of.

I have said it before, but i am so very blessed to have such good friends in my life. They are my wonderful distractions and my saving graces while Mike is gone. I can't stress how important i believe it is for us as individuals to keep up with our friendships no matter what else is going on in life. There may be times--and for us military families this is inevitable-- where that one person you depend on the most will not be there and your family may not be close by.



So yay for college friends and especially for Amanda for coming to hang out with me ( i know it was such a hardship in HI and all--but she did promise if i were to move somewhere cold and depressing she would still come see me!)




We had some great times--We went to luaus, hiked, beached, went to 3 concerts (Live, Everclear and Billy Ray Cyrus--i know, i know, he was the 4th of july entertainment and yes he did sing Achy Breaky Heart!), snorkeled, rode mopeds, shopped, kayaked, tried new foods and more. We also went to the Big Island with my two friends from HI which i will devote another blog entirely to. She also got to do some things nonspecific to HI, like accompany me to the dentist, grocery shop, help with children's church and even make her own visit to the doctor when her back went out on the day she was leaving. Things are always eventful with her!







No comments: