example 1: Ho, that shoyu chicken is ono
example 2: Did you get some of dat lau lau?? its ONOLICIOUS!
In celebration of our word of the week, I am going to share with you some of my favorite ONO Hawaiian foods!
1. Kalua Pork--basically like pulled pork at home, just cooked in different ingredients--its the main event at any luau and my "go-to" dish at any local diner!
2. Shoyu Chicken--Shoyu is similar to soy sauce, but with garlic and much more ONO. Shoyu chicken is a treat because not every local diner serves it.
3. Lomi Lomi Salmon--as much as i don't love tomatoes, for whatever i reason i love this! the salmon and sauce it is mixed with takes out the tomato flavor. It is served as a garnish at luau's, but i love to pile it on top of my rice or mix it with my Kalua---this is one thing i will need to learn to make before i leave this island.
4. Mac Salad--i know, i know the Hawaiian's prolly didn't invent this, but they sure eat the heck out of it. The thing to do for lunch here it to get a "plate lunch" which consists of a choice of meat, 2 scoops white rice 1 scoop mac salad. Kim and I swear that L & L has the best mac salad on the planet, and every once in a while we stop in just to get a scoop!
5. Teri Beef--sounds strange maybe, but this thinly sliced beef soaked in a thick teriyaki sauce is so ono! Whenever we go on field trips at school everyone orders "bentos", like take out box lunches...i make sure mine has plenty teri beef in it.