Monday, April 6, 2009

Camping Hawaiian Style

Last week Mike and I camped at our favorite beach, Bellows. Our friends the Howell's and Sweatland's joined us for a few days in the middle. The weather never fully cooperated--there were a lot of rain showers and clouds, but that just left a lot of time to lounge around and play boardgames--Baulderdash being the favorite of the week.

Possibly the Most Beautiful Place in the World...and our backyard for the week


I love camping, but i absolutely can't sleep on the ground...so this our air mattress that my most wonderful husband in the whole world carried across the camp ground to find electricity to blow it up. I sure love him!



our cozy camp


the community tent, for eating, napping and games


the 2-man bikes--Kim and I thought it would be fun, but it seriously was not! It was so heavy we could've used help pushing...but don't be fooled, once those boys took the picture they walked away from us and left us to fend for ourselves.




Last Saturday Mike and I went to get our boating licenses so we can rent pontoons from the marine base. It's something we have been wanting to do for awhile but never got around to it. This past Thursday we took our friends out on the boat for the first time. It was absolutely beautiful and I can't believe we waited 3 years to do this. The water is a perfect teal blue, at the sandbar the water is no more than 2 foot deep for as far as you would care to walk, and because we were out there in the middle of the week there was no one else around us.


~the decapitation of Uncle Gary~

no relation to my own uncle, just a coincidence in names, our inflatable caterpillar and year long friend lost his head on our boating trip--so sad!


my Sand Man


good friends



No comments: