Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh Ewa Beach McDonald's...how we love you


...okay, maybe love is a strong word, but we really do appreciate all the laughs you provide us on the weekend!

Mike and I regularly go to McDonald's on Saturday mornings, or at least we used to before getting pregnant. But now that my appetite is coming back we are getting back into our routine. There was a new cashier this morning and it should be said that we have many communication problems at this particular store, so i was thinking as we walked up to her, maybe this morning will be better.


So first I order a sausage biscuit with cheese. The cashier gets a real confused look on her face and turns around to look up at the menu behind her and this is when i think "oh no, here we go again".... so i say, "um, you just need to ring up a sausage biscuit and add cheese" to which she replies, "oh (awkward laugh), ok". Then I ask if i can get a packet of mustard. To which the cashier replies, "we have spicy mustard dipping sauce". I tell her I just want the regular mustard and then she kinda shrugs and says "we don't have that kind sorry, kinda weird, I know (awkward laugh). I decide at this point to forgo the mustard even though i am thinking ...what the heck does she think the yellow stuff on all the hamburgers they sell is?


So I give up, move over to let Mike order--he was smart and didn't try to add anything special--but at the end she asked if she could get a name for the order. Mike replies, "sure, Mike" and our wonderful cashier replies "ok sherman, thanks for coming to McDonald's".


So what can we do but laugh? I ended up trying something new-- dipping my biscuit in ketchup because i have a serious need for condiments, and Mike acquired a new nickname--Sherman. Oh McDonald's, what would we do without you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg that mcdonalds lady is crazy. I bust out laughing. so excited for babies! tell sherman we said hey!