Friday, April 8, 2011

Just A Few Thoughts

--i've been thinking about sprinkling veggies all over my floor in the mornings in the hopes that my kids will eat them throughout the day, since they seem to eat ANYTHING off the floor. it couldn't hurt, right? eating their veggies= healthy babies and germs from the floor will assist in building their immune systems... this is sounding better by the second.

--it's pretty bad when you say "no" to your 1 year old while giving them "the look" and they pop their own hand for you as they walk away.

--today while reading facebook, another mom that i know commented how important it is to 'raise your child in full time correction, training and discipline'. I whole-heartily agree...and she really made it sound beautiful. But if i'm being honest, it sure doesn't feel beautiful when doing it. I am certain 'no' followed by "stop", and "quit" are my most used words. Holden has started bending over and banging his head on the floor when he doesn't get his way, and again...if i am being perfectly honest...after the 1993464 scolding of the day i kinda wanna bend over and join him.

--supposedly even though my husband works 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365-14= 351 days a year in a highly dangerous part of the world, we don't HAVE to get paid--but he still HAS to work. That's cool.

--i'm a bit of a bad luck magnet. everything breaks around me. you may want to reconsider being my friend.. and if you're my family, sorry you're stuck with me. and if you are a mechanic, electrician or plumber and want to donate some time to a poor helpless little ole me, that would be very nice.

--when i go get the babies in the morning and change their diapers...if i find only 1 poopy diaper, it's gonna be a good day...if i find zero poopy diapers, i sing and dance and celebrate and sometimes get inspired to prepare a pancake breakfast for us. But then that usually backfires, literally, and i pay for it the rest of the day with ALL poopy diapers. Yes. That really happens. Too much info?

--why is it whenever i have nothing to say or i am busy my husband calls me and then when i have stuff i really do need to talk about and i sit by the phone all night so i won't miss his call, the call never gets through? Really?

okay...enough sarcasm for one night. me, my wine and my chocolate are going to bed.

3 comments:

Ada said...

You should post a few thoughts more often!! Love it!

PS - my nephew spanks himself when my sister tells him he is going to get a spank. He leans over, hits his butt and says "Mommy spank? Mommy spank right here." Gotta love him!

Kimberly and Jordan said...

the hand popping-funny.
oh, those diapers!!!
yes, uncle sam is a bad, bad steward and needs a dave ramsay makeover.

Carrie said...

lol - plumber: "This is SO not okay!!!!" :) i love you!