Thursday, September 8, 2011

How Does Our Garden Grow?

We started our Herb Garden 3.0 this weekend. i kill plants. it's a gift. thankfully my hubby is a sweet person and grows them for me--because i really do like pretty flowers in the yard and i LOVE to cook with fresh herbs. i just don't love to take responsibility for them. i'd rather raise 1 yr. old twins. ;)


on the plant racks this time will be, sweet basil (of course), oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary, spearmint, 2 new herbs--cilantro and dill, and then 2 pepper plants, a hawaiian sweet pepper and jalapeno peppers....we'll see!before planting the herbs we caught a gecko and tortured it for a bit. Holden was curious as ever. When we tried to get Nora to touch it she actually squealed and ran away. funny. she's SUCH A GIRL!baby gecko. Both kiddos started out helping Daddy.

and got right to work on moving the pots--Daddy obviously didn't have them in the right spot.


next step was filling the pots with soil.

HRB went right for it, ready to tackle the job....

that is until he looked at his hands.

the dirt on his hand was a real tragedyNOT to be taken lightly. Obviously.

Nora didn't seem to mind though. She was a great helper, as always.






she had the best time with all the dirt and plants!





here is my herb garden when daddy was finished with it...very organized, as one would expect.

and here it is now. after a little re-arrangement from the wifey.


1 comment:

NoPermanentAddy said...

Ok- you know I have questions! I want to grow herbs too, but I always worry that I don't cook things with that much (as in i'll have a whole plant and use two leaves all year). Do you use it all? I'm thinking I need to plant basil now... It is now a staple in our diet!