Monday, April 7, 2008

There went Peter Cottontail


Geez, there the weeks go flying by again! I have some serious catching up to do--Easter was like 3 weeks ago now! I don't know how I always manage to do this, but Easter weekend was as chaotic as it was fun, and i seriously needed a vacation from my holiday!

I actually had my first pampered chef show on that Saturday, hosted by Hillary. It turned out to be a good show, especially considering it was my first--but with Hillary and I both having a busy work/school/church week, we were definitely doing everything last minute and it was pretty hectic.

After the show, all of us girls spent the evening together eating yummy leftovers and dyeing Easter Eggs with Alexandria. (and maybe for Carrie too-- She was all excited about those camouflage eggs!) Hillary and I then had to get prepared for children's church the next morning, because the weekend had been so busy we hadn't even had time to prepare--we aren't usually QUITE that bad about procrastinating.


The next morning it was up at 3:30 am for sunrise service. We needed to be there at 5am --it takes about 25 minutes to get there and I had to get ready. I was helping our skit characters get dressed for the service. I have somehow assumed the role of costume coordinator for the church. I am sure this is because my wonderfully creative fashion sense! (then again..maybe i am dreaming, it probably has more to do with the fact i can sew!) After sunrise service we had potluck breakfast. My plate consisted of fried rice, cheesy potatoes and baked beans-praise be to the non-breakfast breakfast food! Next was childrens church where I played Nicodemus (don't I look just like him?) Then it was off to Carrie's apartment to cook for our Easter lunch at Katie and Mackey's house. I would like to point out at this time that I am a much nicer person than my friends after not having much sleep. They obviously did not get as much practice as me in school...or else i really am just nicer ;) ...but seriously, please note Carrie's crabby hat that she and Mark like to wear when they are feeling..you guessed it..CRABBY!

After lunch, we had a small Easter Egg Hunt with Alexandria, where we tried to teach her the excitement of finding the Easter Eggs. I am not quite sure she understood why were were looking for those plastic eggs to begin with. She wasn't all that interested in them, so all of us girls clapped and cheered very excitedly every time she found one, hoping that she would catch on and find it interesting...the plan sorta worked, but she sure was cute huh?

Then finally after the few games of catch phrase and then packing up all my things from the entire weekend, I basically zombie drove all the way home, made myself stay awake until 8:45 then went straight to bed for work in the morning. WOW!
*Check my pics link for lots more Easter Pics!*

No comments: