Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HURRY SUMMER, HURRY!

It is 2.5 weeks until my visitors start arriving--starting with Amanda, which i am SO EXCITED about. I have spent this Hawaiian holiday (King Kamehameha Day) making this calendar for her so she would be excited too--and know what to pack. If you click on the small calendar image it will take you to a link so you can read and get jealous. Careful--it may also make you want to make a trip out here too, which of course i would love! You are all welcome to visit!

**click on me!**


Also today, i had an interview for a FRSA (Family Readiness Support Assistant) job with 3rd Brigade (the sister brigade to the one we are in). A FRSA serves as a liaison between the military and its families. I would really like the job, plus it would get me into the government's system (we call them GS jobs). Once you get a GS job--and getting in is the hardest part, then you can always move around to other jobs and be transferred when we PCS (move) somewhere else. The interview went well i thought--but i was told by the Lt. Col. interviewing me that he actually has no say so over the hiring process--it is contracted out to someone else--and that these interviews are basically pointless. The hiring company chooses who it hires based on rank (prior military, mil. spouse already GS, military spouse not GS (that's me) and then civilian). So it looks like, no matter how well the interview may have went, I will probably not be offered the job. That is kinda disappointing considering the Col. seemed to be someone I would like to work with, the battalion was fairly small and close-knit, and the FRG's were very active. Now that i know how it really works, i am going to go to all interviews and apply as much as possible, just to try and get in the system--so i can eventually get the job i want.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't know if I want to do all that hiking 'when' I come. =)
I love you! And MISS YOU!!!