Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Design Here, Design There...

The past few weeks I have been in a mood to create and change things--so last week I focused on my living room. There is a wall downstairs that has been bare ever since we moved in. I have had plans for the wall from the moment we bought the house, but as it was not a necessity I kept finding other things to do. Then it got to be halfway through our 3 years and i decided i didn't want to keep working on things in the case that we might move. Last week though i decided to do it anyway. SO...first things first i had to dig out the painting Mike and I bought on our honeymoon to Greece so i could get it framed. From there, everything just fell together--my shelves were inspired by Pottery Barn, I framed some pictures Mike and I took right before he deployed on the beach and found some pillows that I swear were "made" for this room.

The end result is beautiful if i may say so myself..and even just with some new shelves, pics and pillows--the blue makes it feel like a completely different room!

~My beautiful plate from Katie~


This past week and weekend, my focus was our Children's Church room. We are starting our summer curriculum about the Fruits of the Spirit, so the room is decorated like a summer in the country with red checkered table cloths, fruit stands, sunflowers and mason jars. The biggest feat was the fruit stand, which Hillary, Carrie K and I constructed ourselves with no help from any boys! And although, it was a learning experience and very comical, the fruit stand is sturdy and stands on its own and we are super proud of yourselves! I know you are all impressed--i may just have a future in construction! or not ;)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your wall! Your blog has provided me with a musical soundtrack as I tackle the "very pink and orange room" in my house. I will take some pictures when I am finished. thanks for the music by the way!