Monday, September 21, 2009

25 weeks and Cravings


Here we are (we= all 3 of us) at 25 weeks. Things are still going pretty well. The back aches and leg aches have gotten increasing worse the past few weeks and are really my biggest problem. Getting up and down from anything is a chore and then maneuvering around the bed is downright comical. The bathroom trips have become so frequent I feel as if i live there and i haven't been wearing my wedding rings for about 2 weeks now. The biggest pregnancy news as of lately though would be my first FULL-BLOWN CRAVING. I mean I have wanted specific foods off and on throughout the pregnancy, but this is the first off-the-wall, strange (at least for me), and continuous craving.
Yep, if you follow me on facebook at all you may know this already but I woke up a week ago on Sunday with a very intense craving for a muffin. You should know here that i really don't eat muffins. I don't hate them, i just would never make myself any and could turn one down anytime because they are never really appealing to me. The same goes for most flavored breads and pastries (this includes cinnamon buns and doughnuts). Anyway, since i don't eat these things, we did not have any in the house, so on the way to church we stopped by Starbucks with my fingers crossed that they would have a muffin...and boy did they! I got me and my little monsters the most yummy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin on the face of the planet. (i would also like to insert here that i never eat pumpkin flavored things because i just done like it--but i do now!) Thing was, after i ate the muffin--i just wanted more.
After church we get home and i can't get muffins out of my head and i convince Mike we need to go to the store and get muffin supplies. An hour later and (embarrassingly) about $50 later, target supplied us with a few boxes of muffin mixes, some ingredients we were out of, an over-sized muffin pan (cause they are better when they're bigger) and then some loaf pans too, cause i decided some beer bread sounded yummy.
The next week that followed was FULL of muffins. I have perfected the art of muffin making and both Mike and his co-workers have been reaping the benefits. I even stumbled upon a recipe for the Starbucks Pumpkin Muffins and gave them a try. They actually tasted a lot like the real ones and i will be sharing the recipe soon, but first i am going to perfect a few things.
So you may think this is where the story ends--a happy pregnant muffin eating lady...but it's not--the story has actually just begun.
My muffin craving evolved into a full blown BREAKFAST FOOD craving---and if you know me at all you know how strange this is. I really am not a fan of most breakfast foods--besides bacon and biscuits, i probably want nothing to do with it. I especially do not like eggs and syrup. BUT, Wednesday night Mike was making himself a breakfast dinner. I had plans to have dinner with a friend, but she is a doctor and had to go into the hospital last minute, so Mike and I were stuck throwing together dinner for ourselves. So anyway, Mike is making french toast and i am sitting watching him with the intentions of just warming up some soup, but the french toast he is cooking is just really looking appealing to me. I tell Mike that i think i want some and he just sort of laughs at me and keeps cooking. But then i tell him i am serious and gives me a funny look like "i know you aren't going to eat this, but whatever". Then about 15 minutes later...what do you know, I am eating my plate full of french toast, syrup and all, and enjoying it immensely. I liked it so much in fact that i had it again at the hotel this past weekend. Then to top it all off we had cinnamon buns for breakfast this Sunday--my idea!
It's gotta be the babies...we know they have Mike's silly toes and maybe they share his love for breakfast foods as well. I don't know, but the big question is if i will continue to like these things AFTER birth. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this blog! i attempted to make banana bread this weekend for the bills game and it didn't turn out for some reason. which is wierd cuz i've made it before and it was super. Have fun with ur bakin and enjoying ur pumpkin stuff!! i love anything pumpkin!! love you guys! and p.s. expect a package soon!

Ada said...

You look fantastic and it sounds like everyone is doing well and growing lots!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much! Glad to hear that things are rolling along. Love you!
Yam