Tuesday, September 8, 2009

23 Weeks and a wonderful "No Labor" Day Weekend

Aloha! Here's my 23 week shot. We are all doing good. Babies are growing and active. Mike has been busy with work and training for his Honolulu Century Ride (100 mile bike ride) in a couple of weeks. And I have been, well, i've been gestating I guess. Growing 2 babies is hard work apparently and an errand here or there pretty much wears me out.
This weekend in honor of Labor Day, good ol' Uncle Sam gave Mike both Friday and Monday off and we decided to use this 4 days off for some "fun in the sun" instead of the usual "laboring around the house".


Friday we went to the North Shore, ate at one our faves, Pizza Bobs, then went to Sunset Beach, browse the shops and get a yummy shave ice. Here are some pics from Sunset. Mike and I got into a conversation about what a pregnant girl sees, so i took a pic to show him. I realize it may look a little inappropriate, but of course i do have bottoms on!
My usual beach position these days

What I see...you may notice the beginnings of an "outie"
and this is what I want for Christmas, if anyone can find me one
On Saturday, Mike and I went to a children's church teacher training in the morning and then headed straight Waikiki to celebrate my friend Marybeth's birthday at a beach park by the military resort, Hale Koa. Beach parks are an awesome thing that Hawaii offers the public. They are parks in the sense that there are trees and grass, picnic tables, grills, playgrounds and bathroom facilities--but the best part is that they are right in front of the sand with easy access to the water and beautiful views. And to top it off the beach park we used had access to the military hotel, so we could also use their pools and take advantage of their yummy soft serve ice cream! I didn't get any pics this day, but we had a really good time just hanging out with lots of good friends.
Sunday we went to Church, but i woke up quite a bit tired and sore from the past few days adventures, so directly after church we came back home so i could rest. That night we were supposed to participate in a church-body scavenger hunt, but because i didn't feel good I stayed home and Mike went ahead since he was supposed to be a driver. From what he said they drove all over the island and the clues were super hard. The final destination was at Kailua Beach Park, one of my personal favorite places on the island, to have a potluck dinner. He seemed to really enjoy it and I hate I missed out--hopefully they will do another one!
Then for Monday, Bryan and Marybeth Williams called us and invited us to spend the day with them at Pililau Army Recreation Center, which is basically a bit of beach on the west coast of the island that is owned by military. They have cabins directly on the beach to rent and the lagoon is the same lagoon that tour boats bring people to swim with the dolphins. We take kayaks out to the middle of the lagoon and can watch the dolphins jump around and show off right beside our boat, or if your brave, jump in and swim with them. I've done this many times with the Williamses, but apparently every time has been without Mike--so this was his first time out to see the dolphins. We spent most of this day just sitting around enjoying the beautiful views and good company. I have posted a lot pics below. I tried to be better this day and not push it too much--learning my lesson from Sunday. I stayed under the tents for most of the time, except when i could convince my sweet hubby to hold on to my float so i could rest in the water and not float away. Everyone had a great day and it was the perfect end to a long fun weekend!
Pretty Umbrellas

Mike and Bryan and Jordan coming back from seeing the dolphins


Helping Jordan off the boat
*notice in the corner, Elizabeth body boarding WHILE eating a tootsie pop*



Mike playing with Jolene--she LOVES the sand

Marybeth, Bryan, Cher and Mike playing with the volleyball

Bry going for the dive

Jordan playing in the sand, a little close to the volley action *notice mike running to the ball in the background*
Jolene was worn out!

One of Hawaii's favorite sports, rowing --it was a beautiful afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess you look adorable! keep takin good care of those babies! i'm glad u guys had fun this past weekend!!!! we love you both!!