Monday, November 16, 2009

Whoa Baby!

Aloha friends and family! We had our monthly growth scan today and the babies are doing great. I keep telling mike how i just feel so heavy and tight-- like there's no room for them to go. Every move one of them makes i feel it and most of the time we can even see it.

Well today confirmed my thoughts: Our twins have had a growth spurt and i am 33 weeks along now carrying around 10 lbs of baby and although they can't tell exactly, the ultrasound techs always comment on how long their leg and arm bones are.

Nora's estimated weight is at 4 lbs 14 oz --which puts her in the 78th percentile.
Holden's weight came in at 5 lbs 3 oz--which puts him in the 90th percentile.

These percent charts are based on single babies--so its safe to say they are healthy...really healthy.

I think the funniest part about all this is the SUPER HUGE grin on Mike's face from the time we were first watching the ultrasound through the whole drive back--where we had to split up because he had to go back to work--but if i were to guess i would bet that smile is STILL there. He even insisted on taking the pictures with him to work--which is why i don't have any to post. He's like the proudest dad and all the babies are doing is growing and breathing strong...i can't wait to see how he's gonna be when they actually come out and start doing things. I even earned a high-5 from him for being a (in his exact words) "super convection baby making oven"---whatever that is??? He cracks me up.

1 comment:

heatha said...

Oh my gosh. I love y'all. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see the babies eventually! Reading your blog just made me cry...again. Miss you! :)