Saturday, February 22, 2014

Month.Seven

I'm writing right now from my swing, in the middle of the yard, on a sunny, 65 degree day, watching the twins play.  That makes everything pretty much okay.

As weird as NC weather can be, i'm thankful for this winter reprieve. My soul needed some fresh air and sunshine.

There's no need to elaborate, but the majority of this month could be tacked on to my month.six post.  It's been a rough few months.  But i keep watching the calendar and the time is ticking by--March is almost here and i'm feeling more like we're gonna make it. Well of course we are gonna make it...but i'd much appreciate my sanity still in tact when my love comes back home. I'm sure he'd appreciate that as well :)

The countdowns are officially starting.  Although we don't have a exact date, we have a time frame, and that's a good feeling.

We've been measuring time by holidays.  Daddy coming home has always been Eastertime.  Now Easter is the next holiday. I think the kids are beginning to understand that Daddy is on his way.

Mike told me this morning over skype, sharing his dinner/my breakfast, that he has 5 burgers left.  That means 5 more Saturdays (or so) on his base before the trip home begins.

This morning we bought tickets to Nickel Creek in Charleston for our Anniversary.  Exactly 2 months and 2 days from today.  I reserved a B&B at the Outer Banks for my 30th Birthday last week.  We haven't been somewhere together without kids since the before the twins were born.   The last birthday i've celebrated with mike was when i turned 26 and the twins were 6 months old.

The Army has been a blessing in our lives in many ways, but it's taken a lot from us too--most important being time.  Good news is, our time is coming and i can feel it.  Looking ahead now, i see good moments and laughter and happy faces.

7 months down.  6 weeks (ish) to go.




No comments: