Friday, February 22, 2008

February's Flying By

So I can't believe it is already 3 weeks into February! If I get myself started thinking about the rest of the year and everything that I have planned, I start getting seriously overwhelmed--this year is seems to be flying. Before I know it I will be going home in April and then I have some long jobs lined up for the end of the school year. There seems to be quite a few people coming to see me this summer and then Mike will come home for R&R in the fall and then I will most likely be back home for Christmas. WOW.
I have just been staying busy as usual. February has been a bit uneventful and I have actually felt a little stir-crazy. My weeks have been normal--subbing a few times a week, going to meetings for the Army Family Readiness Group, soccer practice, helping friends out with their kids, church on Sunday and then Sunday night dinners with the girls.

Valentines was pretty much just a normal day--Kim and I went to get some dinner and see Definitely, Maybe. Mike did call, on his Vday and mine--which was very sweet of him, and the first time he's called two days in a row since he has been gone, so happy v-day to me! He also got my roomie to get me a gift certificate to a spa here in town. I am excited about that and saving it for a day when i really need it.

In response to my stir-crazed weeks, I convinced my friends to make President's Day our very own Tourist Day (a day we would play tourists at a nice hotel). It really was a beautiful day--although maybe not the best day to choose to sneak into a hotel pool and play tourist. Also on this day, the Fields Open golf tournament started and security was tight. About 10 minutes after we got settled in chairs at the pool, we were politely asked to "leave the area". So, we packed our things and headed to the beach to lay on the sand, because us "locals" aren't allowed the chairs. But it wasn't a bummer for long, because as I mentioned before, the day was perfect. After an hour or two, we decided to get some lunch at the ocean side grill, but before we even made it to the restaurant, Kim decided to faint right out in front of the building. It was of course of big commotion, and even though we happened to be with 2 nurses, the hotel insisted on bringing in their "CPR trained employees" to take care of the situation. After Kim started looking better and the CPR people were taking her blood pressure and stuff, i wanted to try and get a picture of the whole scene, but was scolded by my "not so fun friend" Renee (just kidding!), she said that "this is not the time, Jess". Although, I am certain, Kim would love to have the picture now--and it would be a great addition to this blog! Anyway, all ended well and we went ahead and had lunch but opted out on beaching the rest of the day and instead went home to take naps.

This next weekend is going to be great fun--Montgomery Gentry is coming to town and is playing on base for free. Since our husbands are deployed, we also get priority seating, so i am certain it is going to be awesome! In preparation for this event, us girls have made matching T-shirts that say on the back "My Husband's Something to be Proud Of" (playing off the MG lyrics, if you are unfamiliar with the band).

The only other news I have is I am now officially a Pampered Chef consultant. I go to enough parties and own enough stuff at this point it just seemed the logical thing to do. I really do believe in the products. Hopefully this will serve as a good side job that I can keep no matter where we move to. So, if you are interested in hosting a party (or for my NC friends, we can do catalog shows or schedule parties when I come home) or are just interested in ordering something you need just let me know.


Ok, so that is all for now. Be sure to check back next week for concert pics!
Presidents Day/ Tourist Day at Ko Olina Beach Club

Lunch at my favorite Burger Joint--Kua'aina Burger
with Katherine, Hillary, Kim, Lyndsay, and Alexandria
I don't know who taught her that!Playing with my FotoFlexer...isn't this just like a poster!
Rocking the 80's outfit and playing DDR--my new favorite past time


Look how cool we are, we can still do back bends!

No comments: