Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back in Action


After a slight hiatus from real life I am back and feeling great. Since the beginning of April I have been visiting friends and family on the mainland, enjoying wonderful Bojangles and Chick-Fil-A, been in a wedding, playing Hawaiian tourist with my friends and celebrating my brithday (or maybe i should say birthday week!). I have lots of wonderful pictures of all my adventures on my Picasa pics page. The link is on the righthand side of this screen, so go check them out. Over the next week or so I will catch you all up on everthing I have done.

Mike has also been super busy. I have been bugging him for a blog as well, (not that i have any right--since i am so behind myself). He is currently taking college classes, which he has been doing off and on since being in Hawaii. He is attending an online college, Thomas Edison State College, that is perfect for military students--the faculty are very flexible with soldiers and their demanding work schedules. Still, as can be imagined school and work have been keeping him super busy. So we will have to forgive his lapse in blog updates! He has actually spent the last week in Kuwait at an Ammo Warrant Officer Conference. He has gotten to meet lots of new people and make new contacts, as well as see some old friends from prior deployments, schools and duty stations. This has been a nice break for him, but he reported back to me today saying he is ready to take all his new information and get back to work! Although i tend to pic on his nerdy tendencies, that's one thing i love about my hubby! He is one of the hardest workers i know and is 100% dedicated to everything he does.

As for me, like i said things are going really well. Going home was a nice break from some of the pressures and realities here that I seem to get so used to I hardly even notice until I am away from it all. Being a miltary wife has many great benefits, but it can be certainly be rough on the emotions. There's nothing that can describe what it's like to get an email about a soldier being wounded or killed and then having to send it out to the rest of your unit families--the relief you feel for it not being you, and the sadness for the families who are just like you. There is also no way to describe how it feels to know that there will always be these huge chunks of your life that person you have given your entire life to will never understand or be able share with you. So, again needless to say, the break from reality was much needed.

Since being back in the great Aloha State, my friends and I have spent as much time having fun as possible. We have hiked and beached, stayed in a beautiful hotel, rode trollies, gotten makeovers, eaten at wonderful restaurants, cheered at triathalons, had dance parties, and dinner nights and birthday parites. Just livin' it up you could say until I start my next long term sub position. Then after that the company starts rollin' in for the summer starting with my Amanda, at the end of June and I am super excited!

Updates: Carrie has gone home to SC to see her brother get married and then meet her Hubby Mark for his RR~ we are so excited for you Carrie! Have a great time and enjoy every minute of it!


My cousins Jeremy and Buffy's second child, Ruby Lee was born today 8lbs 10oz. and very cute! Congratulations!


Also, my other cousins Marybeth and Mike went into labor today with their first child, Madison. So Congratulations to them as well! What a great day!

No comments: