Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Books and Movies, Movies and Books

So in case you don't know this about me already i love to see movies and even more i love to read. I don't know if it is just the escape from reality or just a chance to experience new things, learn new things and just let my imagination run free--but these two things are my biggest hobbies.

With Mike being gone I have taken both reading and movie watching to a new level. I average a book and a movie a week, at least. So I thought i would share with you all my opinions on what i am both watching and reading. On the right-hand side of the blog under "Our Favs" there is a link called Jessi's Books. This link will take you to my goodreads page. If you are an avid reader like myself please join goodreads and add me as your friend. I would love to know what you are reading too!

Also on the right-hand side of this blog i have added my recently seen movies with a star rating. Just the usual:
1 star = terrible, didn't make it thru it
2 stars = didn't like it
3 stars = just okay
4 stars = very good
5 stars = absolutely amazing

I just need to add here that lately i have seen some incredible movies. Please, if you haven't already, go see these movies before they leave the theatres!

1. Australia--its a great epic tale--the story is captivating, there is a great love story, enough action for any guy to enjoy and then it throws in some real Australian history that you may not have ever heard much about.

2. Seven Pounds--This movie is hard to describe without giving it away. It really tugs at your emotions and conflicts the soul and i guarantee you won't leave the theatre dry-eyed.

3. Curious Case of Benjamin Button--This is for the movie goer who doesn't mind sitting in a theatre for 3 hours and really investing some time in a movie. If you can do that, i know you'll love this one. It's been awhile since i have seen something this truly different and creative. Brad Pitt really did a great job with this one.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend! Hopefully i can get back on soon and catch you up on my Christmas vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me know how that book is by the dad on jon and kate plus 8. it looked interesting on your book webstie. Im reading something borrowed right now by emily giffin. I'm trying to finish it up because kev bought me the second one for christmas! If only i didn't have to go to grad school...lol