Friday, January 16, 2009

Lately....

Well, Happy New Year once again everyone! I hope the year has started off wonderful for each of you. Since getting back to Hawaii, I have dove right back into work, church and friends and have hardly had any free time. A bit shamefully, I must add that my suitcases are even still in my bedroom floor, unpacked, except for the things in them that i have needed over the past 2 weeks. Maybe this weekend it'll all get put away--but then again, maybe not because i hear its gonna be beautiful outside...and i am ghostly white (well, maybe not quite ghostly, but still).

On the 5th I started working as a long-term sub in my favorite preschool class at Holomua Elementary. I am filling in for a teacher on maternity leave for at least until mid Feb. but more likely until the beginning of April. I love the other teachers in the room as well as the kids. The job keeps me super busy and helps my weeks fly by, which is awesome as I am waiting as patiently as i can for Mike to come back home.


We have been hearing that most of the brigade should be home by the 3rd and 4th weeks of February. As we have learned, the ARMY is never 100% on dates, but there is no doubt that this deployment is almost over with many of their replacements there already and training to take over.


Tonight, I am "hunkering down" with my girls as we prepare for the hurricane force winds to rip through the island. It's not actually a hurricane, but just crazy winds. The entire island has shut down in preparation for tonight and tomorrow. Carrie and I, both currently working in the school system, came to Kim and Hillary's neighborhood so the 4 of us can celebrate our day off and be with each other in the event of another blackout like over Christmas break. Blackouts are no fun when you live by yourself but when we all get together it is like a party! So YAY for fake hurricane parties, musicals, grey's anatomy, wiis, and then each other when the power knocks out!

I'll keep you posted on the weather condition as i am sure you are all sitting on the edge the your seats in anticipation!

I will leave you with a cool North Shore wave pic from the high surf created by the storm (and no, i did not take this, i stole it from the local newspaper website).

2 comments:

Mike and Jess said...

What you really meant to say is "This is a picture of Mike in about 2 months!"...Love you Dear

sam said...

get mike some sunscreen for his legs please i believe he is the one that is goastly white