Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas Catch Up

I am very terrible about making sure i include all the big things happening in my life...and i know it is because i don't have time to blog while they are happening and then when its over i usually am too tired to blog at all...
But, i can't let christmas go without a little recap. Christmas was very good this year. I have decided, even though it can be very hectic to come home during the Christmas season, it is also the best time to come to ensure that you get to visit/see everyone. Between Christmas parties and everyone being off work, i really got to see just about everyone that lived in hour radius of home. That's really quite a feat. Usually i have to leave before i could get to everything i meant to--but thankfully not this time.... AND to top it all off, I also got to eat at EVERY restaurant i wanted, some even more than once!


It was good to see all the family. I got to spend some quality time with my brother and my Aunt Diane who lives in Kansas. We celebrated Christmas with Alex on Christmas Eve and then got together again on Christmas for lunch. Grandpa was the hit this year, rocking his cool Santa hat and guarding his presents like his life depended on it. To keep up with tradition, Katie came by for presents --but this time with her husband Tim and their puppy Jaxon.


Like every year of my life, minus last year when i didn't come home, i spent the night before Christmas at Dad's. We relaxed Christmas morning opening presents, laughing and eating sausage balls, my Christmas breakfast favorite. We celebrated Christmas with the Caudle's a few days early this year and got a great pic, shown below with some of the girls. Then for Christmas dinner all of my stepmom's family ate at Gram's house. There i got to meet the newest member of our family, Madison. It's great seeing the family growing and having babies around. Its a different feeling watching Christmas through kids eyes, realizing you aren't then kids anymore. Families are always changing--it's all kinda bittersweet, but beautiful.


The Sunday after Christmas I joined the Burns Family Christmas party as well. It was very good to see everyone. Especially the kids. They grow up so fast--they aren't babies anymore! Sadly, i forgot my camera on this day, so no pics.


I also spent a day with the kids i used to nanny for. They are growing so fast, but still the same sweet and funny kids as always. We played with their new Christmas toys, made cool reindeer tshirts that i learned how to make in my hawaii preschool and then we made messy reindeer cookies. Its good just hang out with them and be a kid for awhile.




Lastly I was lucky enough to see lots of my friends. I had dinner dates, shopped and watched movies and had sleepovers with all my favorites from both highschool and college. I am so lucky to have these friendships that have lasted for so long.




1 comment:

Megan Tetter said...

i really like the picture of you and katie... yall look like models