Saturday, February 21, 2009

Single Soldier Baskets

The past few days have been wonderful having Mike back. We have been taking it easy, not doing too much so he can rest and recover. Mike did have to report to formation this morning and will start his outprocessing on Monday. This process will take a few weeks to complete and his schedule will be different day to day.

Right now, Mike is taking a nap and I am using this time to catch up on watching LOST and a little blogging.

I want to say thank you for all who helped send items/money for our single soldiers who are coming home from deployment. For those of you who don't know, our Batallion has been collecting donations to make a basket for every single soldier coming home to live in the barracks. The basket contains bedding and pillows, hygeine products, food, notes, gift cards, and anything else anyone wanted to include. Many of these single soldiers will not be able to get to their things or their vehicles for a few days and these baskets are supposed to provide the things that they will need immediately, plus let them know that we appreciate what they have done and are glad they are back safely.


I have been so touched at the generosity of me friends, family and church. Many of you gave so much to these soldiers who you don't know at all. I delivered 18 baskets from you all and I am so greatful to have such wonderful, giving friends and family. Especially after going to a homecoming ceremony and seeing how wonderful and happy a time it can be, I can also see how it might be confusing and lonely for the soldiers who had no one there to greet them and no home to go back to. So, thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all you have done to help brighten these soldiers day!

Thanks to Kim for helping me shop, haul and put together these baskets!
You were my lifesaver!

15 baskets delivered in one day

















No comments: