Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hawaiian Word of the Week

Hapai; pronounced Ha-Pie
meaning-- to carry; pregnant

pidgin example- Wat. Hapai?
english translation-Is she pregnant?

pidgin example- Jess stay hapai fo 6 weeks already.
english translation--Jess is 6 weeks pregnant.

That's right. If you haven't already heard Mike and I are having a baby. As some of you know it has taken a few years now to get here and now Mike and I realize how really blessed we are to have been given this opportunity to be parents. We are proof that God is always in control and his timing is perfect in every way.

Our first ultrasound was yesterday--we were able to see and hear its little heart beating and we got our first picture. Although to you it will just look like a little dot we are so excited to watch this little miracle grow into a beautiful baby!

Thanks to the military for being cautious and taking such care of us, we will be getting to see our little one every week for awhile and really get to see the growth process. I will try not to bombard the blog with ultrasound pics every week but i will keep you updated as things change. Our estimated due date is Jan. 6 2010.

Also I would like to wish a congratulations to a few other newly expecting mothers out there--My high school friend and college roommate, Dee Edwards Belvin, due late September--My college design partner, Lacey Carothers Pegram, due around Thanksgiving--and my good friend here in Hawaii, Hillary Sweatland, due one month before us on December 6. Love you guys!

5 comments:

NoPermanentAddy said...

Congrats!!!

sam said...

keep them picts comeing each day or week dont keep it to ya self share that joy
dad

Amanda said...

i still think the baby already looks like auntie amanda :)

Jennifer said...

JESSI!! I'm SO excited for you! Definitely crying right now. I love you and pray that God will protect you and your baby in the months to come.

The Mitchells said...

I am excited for you. Miss you Jess
*becca*