Saturday, May 23, 2009

Magic!

So we went for our second ultrasound yesterday and like magic another baby appeared on the screen! That's right--we are having twins!

Here they are--our beautiful babies...that in my opinion look like little upside-down schnauzer's

I believe last week that the doctor we had just wasn't very thorough--she went in, found a pregnancy, took a picture and then we were done. The doctor this week took a lot of time and really searched around. I noticed before she said anything when she was kind of poking at one, another pregnancy appeared...i literally gasped and she looked at us and smiled and I was like "there's another one in there isn't there?" The next few minutes were full of excitement and nervousness all at the same time. I could hardly breathe as she was checking to make sure both had heartbeats. Both do have strong heartbeats and were measuring at 7.5 weeks, right on target. With the first sigh of relief also came lots of tears and laughing as we tried to let the news sink in. We are so excited about our little "puppies" that we haven't stopped smiling yet!

Here are there individual heartbeats:

Baby 1 at 156 beats per minute
and Baby 2 at 168 beats per minute


...this really explains my own constantly racing heartrate--there's twice the babies to pump all that blood for!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, you guys! Congratulations! -Jennifer, Eric, Carrie, and Emily

The Mitchells said...

oh wow, I so cried for you..Miss you Jess

Megan Tetter said...

i am so excited for you guys. I just can't believe it. Dee screamed out loud last night when Amanda told us the news and everybody turned and looked at us. Please keep us posted on updates!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats ya'll. So very excited for you!

Yam

Anonymous said...

Mike & Jess -
I am *so* excited for you!! Your mom told me the news over email, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that we would be welcoming TWO babies at the same time.

I keep you in my prayers...!

Diane

Jennifer said...

I gasped and laughed at the same time, so of course my mom and my brother asked what was going on. Girl, that is crazy! Congrats! I'm excited to see your 'mainland' schedule. If I still don't have a job, I'm gonna try and come visit!
My family says hello!
Love you!