Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mike's Golf Adventures

Hello, Mike here. Since coming home I have found many things have changed from the way they were prior to my latest venture to the middle east, but my love of the game of golf has endured. I bought a used set of irons with some money I made on Craigslist and family provided the rest of the money needed to finish out the set. Since getting my clubs together I've had the opportunity to play pretty often with friends and co-workers at some of the most beautiful and difficult courses in the world.

One of the first courses I played is one of my all time favorites! Klipper at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base has been rated the best military course in the world. Holes 13-15 line the ocean and remind me of just how lucky I am to be able to live in Hawaii.


Today I had the chance to play a course named Ko'olau, which is touted as the most difficult course located in the United States and the third hardest course in the world. I have to say it lived up to the hype with its jungle atmosphere, narrow fairways and rolling hills. We had a great time and lost a few dozen balls along the way.


No comments: