Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kitchen Nightmares

First of all, meet my new refrigerator. After a super exasperating past month...i say good riddance old refrigerator, i didn't really like you and your side by side doors anyway and HELLO new refrigerator of which does NOT try to catch on fire on a Wednesday while i am on my way to a play date, and which does not ruin all of my food as soon as i go shopping and of which DOES fit a frozen pizza box. Welcome to my life. In other news, i have had a constant nuisance in my house since moving here 4 years ago...a dishwasher that continually drained through the air gap and into the sink instead of through the garbage disposal like it was designed to do. SO...Mike and I inquired early on about why it does this and we were told by a not so trusty Lowes Hardware Professional, that our problem was "normal". Hmm...interesting, and apparently a load of crap.

Anyway, my good friend Marybeth noticed the problem this past week and suggested trying to unclog the drains because that is how she fixed her problem. Okay, well--although i do boast in my amazing plumber skills, I do not, I repeat DO NOT mess with kitchen sink drains...GROSS! Thankfully friend Jennifer does mess with kitchen drains, or at least is up for the challenge, so here she is unclogging the drain.



Although Jenn's efforts were indeed valiant, they did NOT fix the problem. But we were still determined to fix the problem and after much research i found out that ALL ALONG...YES ALL 4 YEARS, i have been dealing with a problem created by the installer forgetting to remove a measly DRAIN PLUG! Well, no crying over spilled milk right? or should i say 4 years of spilled dirty dishwasher water all over my counters and floors and cabinets. It's over. Time to move on and rejoice in the fact that i will have 2 years of correctly functioning drainage systems.
Ahh...it sure is nice to have peace in the home. At least for now.

1 comment:

NoPermanentAddy said...

Congrats on the new fridge! And I am so impressed how perfectly it fits in the space! We have a huge gap above ours and I can't stand it! I'm so impressed with your house skills!