Friday, September 10, 2010

Out and About

Today was the day I did all the stuff i've been pushing to the side for awhile....like signing going to CYS (Child and Youth Services) and get the babies signed up so i can *maybe* use their hourly care. I mean, since Mike is deployed i get 16 free hours a month per baby...i'm honestly a little hesitant to use it, but I'll get to tour the facilities when i finish registration, so we'll see. It is good to be signed up though--you never know when you may need emergency childcare.

Then, we found the thrift shop on base and bless our souls, it was open! We walked out with 2 push and ride cars for the babies, a toy xylophone, some stacking cups and an awesome dump truck for HRB. Those cars start at $30 at babiesrus, and we got them for $5 a piece, great deal!

Then, i've been craving Haleiwa Eats, my favorite Thai food on the face of this planet, so we went. It was a beautiful day, so we ate outside. The babies are doing really well with the whole restaurant eating thing. Of course the tried out lots of new foods--i ordered a serving of coconut rice just for them, but only Nora seemed to enjoy it. We really weren't sure if it was the rice or the chopsticks that were bothering Holden, but there was a lot of funny faces and head shaking going on. That boy is always making us 3 girls laugh!

Good News, today Holden perfected feeding himself! We are all thrilled. No more clumsy boy fingers!

Jenn and her Pad Thai Noodles-very peanutty, so the babies didn't get any of this!Ready for my rice mom!

mmm good
what? put that camera down and feed us!
me and my Yellow Curry Noodles...ahhh, makes my heart happy!

lemme give this a try...
ah, forget it. Hands are so much better!

LOOK! Holden is feeding himself!
Yeah, I did it!
is there something on my face?

Then, low and behold, Matsumoto's actually had a short line. So, we headed right over so we could get some shave ice. If i'm being honest, this is not my favorite place to get shave ice...but there's no denying their abundance of flavors--so it is nice to go once in a while to change things up a bit. I do really like the coconut cream!
waiting for the shave ice with my norabird...no she didn't get any, instead she got a nap!



auntie and HRB
Jenn with her shave ice... FYI: bowls are much safer than cones
After the North Shore, we stopped by Gymboree Play and Music before heading home. We have signed up to view a class tomorrow and then one on Monday. Depending on what we think, I may be signing the babies up for some music/activity classes. I'm sure i'll be updating soon about what we decide.
After all the errands and such the babies were tuckered out as were mommy and auntie. We all had to come home and take naps.
Which reminds me....we are on night number 2 of sleeping without the swaddles. So far so good! Although it cracks me up watching them play with their toys in their cribs, its crazy how big my babies are getting!
Well, that's all I got. I think i'll head to bed myself, also without a swaddle. Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Looked like a good day! My property manager's hubby is training at Camp Smith so I told her to visit Haleiwa Eats and Matsumoto while she visits him in Hawaii.