Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We are the Music Makers, We are the Dreamers of Dreams

After previewing a few classes, I decided to sign the babies up for Gymboree's music class. The babies seem to have a good time--they respond well to the songs and are very interested in the instruments. It's a 45 minute class and by the end of it they are very tired, which to me means they are really paying attention, being stimulated and hopefully learning something.

The past 2 weeks have been Elvis themed, so we went ahead and "popped" HRB's collar so he would fit right in.
All the parents sit in a circle with their babies and follow what the instructor tells us to do. They instructor uses a big clown, Gymbo, as her make believe child, to demonstrate for us. The babies get to play with a variety of instuments and toys--like drums, egg shakers, maracas, bouncy balls, scarves, etc. If you look in the upper left hand corner of the picture you can see Gymbo the clown sitting on the counter. All the kids seem to like Gymbo, but it is a little funny to watch the instructor dance seriously with him in her arms. No worries, i play it cool and keep my chuckles on the inside!

Here we are dancing to "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "All Shook Up"

Holden loves the dancing part...notice Instructor and Gymbo...hehe
here's a quick video of our first class...they're trying to figure out those drums

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love your Blogs! They are so creative and well put together and I love watching your family grow. Im trying to make my Blog look lol decent!! Im not good at any of this stuff do you have any tips or sites I could use to make my blog better. I really wanna add my pictures to my blog cause I take ALOT lol!! Thank you for your wonderful blog!!!