Thursday, October 7, 2010

Caught the Craft Bug

Craftiness comes in waves for me...usually though it is stemmed by not being able to find exactly what i want in a store or for the fact that i don't want to pay what the store is asking. The fact is, although i know how to sew and there are times where i must do it, i don't like to sew--especially with a sewing machine. I will however sit and hand-stitch something while watching tv, so that's what i've been doing lately.

I have been making onesies again...these were recent gifts. The whale was supposed to be for Nora, but she grew out of it before i finished it--i'll have to make her a new one and i have a good idea for a matching boy version for Holden. I made a bow to match, but it's just okay. The problem with the bows are i can't find any stretchy lace for the headbands on this island. I'm not sure that i will attempt bows again...i think i prefer to buy them--we'll see.


The owl onesie i am very proud of. My friend Kim decorated her daughter's nursery with the owl theme and i wanted to make little Adalynn a matchine onesie. I do plan to make a similar one for Nora as well!Also, i have been making baby legs. I love the look of baby legs and i really appreciate how they protect knees when crawling and make diaper changes fast and easy. I do not however appreciate the prices of babylegs...who wants to pay $12 a pair? of course i wanted lots of different patterns and then multiply that by 2 babies...it could just plain get out of hand. So anyway a friend showed me how to make my own out of women's knee-high socks (which is what almost all babylegs off etsy are made out of anyway). Now i have tons of babylegs with lots of colors and patterns. Love it.


Well that's it for now... if the craft bug lands on me again, i'll be sure to post the results!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

I LOVE that onesie.I can't wait until Adalynn can wear it. I want to visit Fred Myer here. They have the stretchy bands real cheap kine. I will get you some as soon as I can get there.