Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Mommy Day!

Today I had the BEST day. A wonderful family from church offered to keep the babies for me today while I went out to do whatever I wanted. You can check out the Castor family at their blog -- here. They are expecting a new little one soon and the twins are helping get the boys ready for a new family member! Beth (the mom) told me that her husband asked what I was going to do all day long...haha, what didn't I do?

First I went to the beach, just me, a towel and a book. It's been a LONG time since i didn't have to carry my whole house with me to the beach! I was able to lay on the sand for about 2.5 hours enjoying the glorious day and reading a good book. Jenn has gotten me started on reading Harry Potter. I have tried once before but stopped after book 2. This time is going much better. I am in the middle of Book 5 and enjoying the series. So it seems that most of my spare time is devoted to reading these days!

Then I picked up some sushi for lunch, and headed to Starbucks/Borders to read. I had a wonderful black sweet tea with lemonade, that i will have to go back and get again. Yum.

Afterwards I went to a few stores to do some shopping. It was nothing like this little image suggests. This time of year in Hawaii poses a great challenge. The weather is still warm but all the stores are selling the same winter clothes that you are seeing on the mainland. Eh. It was still nice to look at clothes and try some on without juggling a baby or two from hand to hand! I will most likely end up with a few of the pieces i looked at in preparation for my trip home for the holidays!

Lastly, before making it back to the house, i stopped to get a pedicure. Oh how much i LOVE these. This is not a picture of my toes..although i did choose a similar dark color in honor of the upcoming holiday.

SO...like i said, it was a GREAT day! Thank you so much Beth, Joe, Austin and Logan for giving me this wonderful day to do some of the things i really enjoy. You guys are great!

2 comments:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day!

Meredith said...

good for you sweet mommy! love watching your kiddos grow in hawaii!!!