Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Video Teleconference with Mike

Tonight I got to have my first VTC with Mike. Even though we do get to talk, this was the first time I have gotten to see Mike since he left in Nov. The silly girl in me started getting a little nervous and i dealt with those feelings by spending longer than necessary in the bathroom getting ready for the "big event". I just recently got a new dress and decided to wear it, tried to curl my hair a bit (not that the humid weather allowed one curl to stay) and I even lotioned up and put on body spray (like anyone was actually going to smell me--the things we girls do for our loves!). The end result for the bathroom was a bit disastrous and will need to be dealt with tomorrow--but it was all worth it to see my sweet husbands' smiling face.

There is a classroom set up for these meetings and I was in it all by myself --and Mike was on a screen in the front of the room. It was really the first time since he has been gone that it felt like we had any privacy. His normal calls are always in rooms with lots of other people--and for this, it really was just the two of us. The reception was really good and there was hardly any delay. We were supposed to have a full hour, but there was a mix up and we just had 30 minutes. Still, it was so great to see him and very easy to set up. We are going to hopefully try and make this a more regular thing.

I know the pic seems a little crazy, but i just couldn't resist. We even took a little time to make a few videos for family. It's kinda funny to think about taking pictures and videos of a video image of Mike...but if that's the best you got, what do you do?

Anyway, Mike is good and should be sending another blog update in the next few days so check back soon! Holler.

3 comments:

Mike and Jess said...

I know this is a little strange, commenting on my own blog site and all, but I have to say my wife is totally gorgeous!!!

Mike

Anonymous said...

I agree Mike! As much as I miss ya'll, I enjoy reading about the adventures. Hang in there!

Love ya'll!

Yam

Mike and Jess said...

My 2 favorite boys...you guys are so sweet! Love and miss you both!

~jess