Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Discovery

Ever wonder why your mom always talks to herself??

well, let me answer that question for you.

It's a habit she most likely picked up as a new mother while trying to calm her baby. I found myself this morning talking to my babies (who were already in carseats) in loud silly voices while i was running around the house trying to get everything together so we could leave the house. I find that as long as i am being animated and silly enough they are distracted and not crying. Similarly, in public I will do the same thing, just on a more discreet scale. Like yesterday in the commissary, i told Nora all about everything we were buying and about all the kids there that she should (and should not) act like. Basically, as long as i was talking...she was quiet.

I can see where this may be a hard habit to break. Once my babies are gone I will inevitably be the mom talking to myself while washing the dishes or driving in her car while her teenagers are rolling their eyes at me. Oh well.

Sorry mom for making fun of you all of these years!

1 comment:

Dana said...

haha I do that too!! Especially when I am dressing her because she hates getting clothes back on. So I tell what she is about to wear and how to avoid fashion faux pas, when I think about it I just sound crazy:)