Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Room for Macky

With Macky being born just about 6 months before we move, i didn't want to make a lot of changes to the walls/room itself.  His room is also the last bedroom in the house and we need it to serve as a guest room as well.  With those things in mind, i decided on some unusual/funky fabrics and painted the furniture some fun colors.  This nursery is less childish and more eclectic and it may be my new favorite room in the house! 


So my inspiration came from a quilt i fell in love with on Pinterest, the picture is here.  It wasn't for sale, so i set out to try and make one similar myself.  I picked out my fabrics, cut it all out then got completely overwhelmed and asked my great aunt and quilt maker extraordinaire to put it together and turn my pile of fabrics into an actual blanket for my baby.  And voila! She did a fabulous job in a matter of days what would have probably taken me months. 

And now for the room tour: 
view from the door -- tour will take you counter-clockwise around the room 

bed and pallet sign that i fell in love with on pinterest and just had to make 

The chair you see Macky frequent for pictures and the coolest lamp ever...
speaking of the chair, it was a $20 thrift shop find!  and the lamps which i love love love are from ikea and we just spray painted them in the finish we wanted since i couldn't find exactly what i wanted in my price range. 
 
 my childhood crib-- with a new paint job, a crib skirt made by Gramdma Anne and a fun 'handmade by me' mobile 
 
a thrifted dresser also newly painted, a cool serving tray turned changing table (idea courtesy of Nana) and an industrial style shelf for toys and books. 

The Details :)

No comments: