Saturday, December 4, 2010

Such a fabulous day!

We had a really great day today, and i would love to tell you that i have plenty of pictures to share, but i don't. Sorry. You'll have to be satisfied by my writing alone. Eh.

First of all the babies hit a new record of sleeping until 9am this morning. Mommy and Auntie were very grateful. I am sure it has something to do with yesterday's vaccines, but we'll take it.

Once they got up, we fed them breakfast and loaded in the car to go to Hanauma Bay (a popular snorkeling spot on the island). Jenn has been really wanting to get back over there before she leaves and we are running out of days, so today was the day--rain or shine. Thankfully it was a gorgeous day.

Jenn and I neither one ate before we left so i took this opportunity to stop in to one of my favorite little restaurants that I NEVER get to go to because of how far away it is from everything else in my life--Cha Cha Cha Salsaria. It's Mexican, but island style or Caribbean style i should say. It is yummy.

Today at the restaurant, when the twins were exactly 1 year and 3 days old, i ordered them a meal off the Keiki (kids) menu! 1 cheese quesadilla and refried beans. And man, did they eat it up. See Nora below for proof. They both also spent a lot of time staring at this wall and it's amazing artwork. Nora kept waving at the Tiki Man. He never waved back though. Although lots of passersby stopped to wave and talk to the babies. It never fails that we draw attention wherever we go. If you plan to hang out with us while we are home, be prepared.
After lunch we headed to Hanauma. Like I said it was a beautiful day and we really should have taken pictures, but managing 2 babies at the beach is a lot of work and it just didn't happen. We got in the water for a little while, but it was super cold for some reason today--which totally worked to my advantage, because when we got out of the water the babies both snuggled right up to us and took a nice nap. The times where they sleep in our arms and few and far between and I cherish every second that i can get. Of course, top it off with a spectacular view, sun beating down on your back and a nice cool breeze...could anything really be better?
After that it was a beautiful drive back home, the scenic long way to avoid traffic of course, then dinner baths and bed for the little ones. They really were in terrific moods all day. Smiling, laughing, talking...i love taking them out for fun special days when even though naps are pretty non-existent they can still be my sweet babies in super good moods.
But here was the best part of my day...and i SO WISH i had my camera around to document it. But Nora, on her own accord, took her pacifier out of her mouth, bent over and kissed Holden multiple times while he laughed and reached up to touch her face. It was so so sweet. Then again, after reading our good night book, we take time to kiss and hug each other. Usually we initiate the kisses and just put the twins heads together to "kiss" each other goodnight, but tonight for the first time, Nora initiated her kisses with Holden first, then Jenn, then me, then back to Holden again. It completely touched my heart and was the perfect end to my fabulous day.

3 comments:

Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? said...

Missed the pictures but your words make a clear one of the love in your day and all your hearts! Made me tingle with joy! I know we are not suppose 'to wish our life away', but can we hurry up and get to next week? Just can hardly wait for all of you to arrive!!!!

Carrie said...

So Sweet! I am sure that was such a special moment, and sounds like a fabulous day!

Carrie said...

So Sweet! I am sure that was such a special moment, and sounds like a fabulous day!