Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crafty Me

i know, i know...who has time for this stuff? Since my mom has been here, each night she works on this cross-stitch piece as a way of winding down, and although cross-stitching is SO NOT my thing, i do appreciate the soothing motions of creating a stitch. I personally think cross stitching is too exact for me, i'm more of a free-hander/"eye-it" kind of girl. So anyway, I've been working on this for Holden just a little bit each night while i catch up on my shows and then -voila! last night i finished, whatcha think?



This all stemmed from finding super cute organic onesies (that i just love because they are so soft!) with even cuter designs on them in all these specialty shops, but not being able to afford them. Well okay, technically i COULD pay $18-$25 per onesie, but really, i NEVER WOULD. And anyway, i decided i could make them just as good anyway. So this is my first attempt--i have many more ideas, stay tuned for Nora's first "mommy-made" onesie!

4 comments:

Meg said...

So so so cute! Time for you to open an etsy shop!!!!

Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? said...

You did a great job on the onsie! Is there anythin' you can't do when you put your mind to it? Love ya!

Dana said...

Too cute! I am truly impressed - I have been saying that I am going to take up sewing for about a year now. The machine is still in the closet. Maybe the ticket is to start with hand sewing!

Lisa said...

That is really adorable. I wish I made more time to do the handmade thing. Good for you!