Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Outings, Playdates and Socks, oh my!

Today Mom and I had a girl's day out. She's been here a month now and we have hardly done anything besides baby stuff. So some good friends from church agreed to watch the babies for me today so that mom and I could go out together. It was a fun day. We had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, shopped, stopped by to look at the ocean (which i haven't seen since my maternity pics in early Nov, *gasp*) and then shopped a little bit more! I totally don't have a picture of us from the day--actually there isn't one of us together at all since she has been here. I guess it's because the babies don't know how to take pictures. Maybe we'll work on that this week!

The babies told me that they enjoyed their play date at the Mason's house very much! Auntie Mary, Abby and Jillian were lots of fun and took really good care of them! Also, Auntie Pam came over for a visit with Hannah and Joe--I guess keeping the babies in the nursery at church on Sunday isn't enough for Auntie Pam so she had to come over for some more twin time! I think there was so much play time and conversations that the babies didn't miss me at all and they were super tired when we got home!
Nora talking to Abby Joe and Jillian feeding Holden

Hannah and Abby playing with Nora...she's trying out the Moses basket and really enjoying all the attention!

Jillian and Holden having a very serious conversation it seems!

While we were out today, Grandma found these cute little socks that she couldn't resist. Nora has outgrown her cute tennis shoes we had for her, but her feet are so narrow that all of her other shoes fall right off. It just doesn't seem right to send a little girl to church with naked feet, especially when little brother is sporting some super cute kicks, so here is our new and 'oh so cute' solution!
Mary Jane Socks!

up close at that cute little bow!

As you can see, Nora is aghast at the fact that her new socks don't "go" with her outfit--she wanted to know where her matching dress was...silly baby!

3 comments:

Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? said...

Love the socks girls! She just needs a new dress to wear with it, and a new hair bauble!!!
Grandma Anne :)

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Glad that you two had a girls day out. I sent your package yesterday (gasp!). I can't wait for you to get it;) Should be there by the end of the week.

Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? said...

Okay, Nora has clearly received the gene for 'funny face making' or is learning from the master! She is a hoot! Love you guys, Grandma Anne