Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just a Little Update...

Well we're here in HI trying to get back in the swing of things.  The babies did extremely well.  Not one bit of jet lag to be seen.  They went straight into their sleeping routines as usual.  I am so thankful for our good sleeping children.  We are truly blessed on that account.  BUT, they have been pretty emotional since being back.  That seems to be our downfall when traveling and really who can blame them?  So much change and new things and the absence of any kind of schedule.  That's hard on a kid.  Shoot.  That's hard on us. So anyway, hopefully some of these many tears will subside in the next week.

In other news, Mike has deferred his advance schooling until next year.  He was supposed to leave this past Saturday to go to Ft. Lee, Virginia for 7 weeks.  With our move coming up really close and us working hard to sell our house it really just didn't feel like it was the right time for the school.  I'm very thankful we were able to postpone--i imagine right about now if he had left, the kids would be in serious distress as would I.  :)

Upon getting back to the island, Mike was diagnosed with a major sinus infection and 2 ear infections which took him out of work the rest of last week.  That was also when he was scheduled to be pinned for his promotion to CW3 at the Arizona Memorial.  Since we had to cancel so late there wasn't time to reschedule at the memorial (bummer) so instead he will be pinned this Thursday on base (which is the normal way to do things anyway).  We are very excited for this promotion!  Mike has worked hard to get here.

We also have some very good news....An offer was made on our house yesterday!  It's just the beginning of a long process, but we are still very happy to be getting on with this process.  The potential buyers seem to be very motivated and want our house. We realize a lot can happen between a first offer and the close of a house.  We ask for prayers that all the logistics work out and we can get this house sold before we move.

Along with this offer, means a possible shift in our timeline for moving home--at least for the kids and I.   If all goes as planned, we could close anytime between mid-March and beginning of May.   The kids and I won't stay long after that happens, since living in temporary housing/hotels is hard on the kids.  I can't believe our time is coming to a close so quickly!  I have so many mixed emotions!  and I have so many Hawaii things to get before we go!  You'd think after 6 years i would have collected everything i would want.  But instead i kept putting it off thinking there would be a next time.   No next time now...i gotta get on it!

That's it for now.  Later.


Anonymous said...

That's terrific news about the house! I will pray that everything goes smoothly and that the transaction concludes successfully! I am sure the family will be thrilled to have you back "in town" earlier - sorry Mike!

Jennifer said...

Wowsers! So... gonna be crazy while I'm there. Let me know if I can bring anything/ what I can do while I'm there to help!

I can even bring a huge empty suitcase so you can send stuff back with me that I can then ship to you mom if that's in any way helpful.