Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Would Fly 5000 Miles.....

and i prolly wouldn't fly 5000 more.... if i didn't have to!


Well, there was certainly a lot of build up, preparation and anticipation for our flight home..at least on my part. I really was a bit nervous about how the babies would do. I mean lets face it, the flight to hawaii isn't exactly fun for an adult, much less a 5 month old, but all in all I think the babies did very well.

The first flight was a red-eye and we hoped the babies would sleep good because of it-- and Nora did--so 1 out of 2 isn't too bad. We had a bassinet for her that hooked to the wall in front of my seat. Since Nora is the more finicky of the two, we thought it best to give her the bed and it worked great! We wrapped her up like normal and then put her in the bassinet and she slept the enitre flight.
Holden on the other hand didn't have it so well. Mike and I took turns holding him, he squirmed and whined quite a bit and didn't seem to be able to get into a deep sleep. Because we had 2 lap babies, Mike and I were not allowed to sit next to each other in a flight. The rule has to do with the number of oxygen masks avaliable per row. Anyway, thankfully we both had good seat neighbors that didn't seem to be irritated by the babies. I even made friends with one of my neighbors--she lives in my neighborhood with 2 small children and we have plans to take some walks together when we I get back.
By the 2nd leg of our trip the babies were both pretty irritable and tired--good news this flight was only 2.5 hours as opposed to the 8 hr flight from Honolulu to Houston, so it was over fairly quickly. While waiting to board the plane the babies were quite upset and we had lots of stares. I am ceratin all those people were praying they wouldn't be near us on the flight. They did eventually calm down though and Mike even had a couple of people tell him how good the babies were. I guess they were expecting the worst!
So yeah, all in all it wasn't too bad--it's just much different and WAY more tiring with kiddos tagging along! But i guess those stinkers worth it!
Mike and Holden on the plane
Nora sitting in the 'big girl seat'All of our stuff!Hello Grandpa!and kisses for HoldenHello GrandmaI wish i had some of those teeth!so happy to see their grandbabies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you one and all for your efforts to get the Burns to NC!!!!! Let us know when it's kiss and hold time! Auntie Beth

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Glad you made it. We've been thinking about you. I bought my first cloth diaper today...pretty big cause' I have purchase anxiety over that!

Eric, Jenn, Carrie, and Emily said...

Hey, nice dress on Nora! I think I recognize that! Glad you guys made it here safely!