Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 17

Dad always has Monday's off and Anne took off this Monday too, so we all hung out for the day.
If you didn't know, they are building a house out near the rest of the family on a beautiful piece of land in Franklinville. This plan to build a house has been in the making for quite some time, and now it's really happening. We are all really excited, but it is a little bittersweet since this will probably be the last time i am in my Draper St. house.

This is the house I have spent every Christmas Eve in except for the recent 2 Christmases I have been in HI. Not just that, but most all my childhood memories are connected to this house and it will be weird not come home to it again.

So today we took a few pictures starting with one right outside my playhouse. My dad built this for me one weekend and he says that I patiently sat, watching and waiting on him while he built it. In its prime there was a kitchenette and dining room table in there with a flower box right under the window...i just loved it. We also took a picture outside the front door on the steps. I have many pictures throughout the years on various holidays and celebrations on these very steps.

After hanging out at the hosue for a little while, we went to visit my Aunt Paula and Uncle Dane. It was great to see them and let them have some time with the twins. Aunt Paula dubbed Holden "fat boy" and Nora was facinated with Uncle Dane's beard.
We also went to see Gram for a little while and then take a nap at her house. I believe Nora is having a heart-to-heart with Gram below...she looks so serious!






Lastly, we stopped off at the work site of the new house. Here i am standing on the newly cut land showing Nora where her Grandparents new house is gonna be.


While visiting the building site, Aunt Vicki, Anna and Uncle Gary came over to say hello

The day ended on a great note with Sir Pizza and homemade ice cream! mmm..mmm...good!

No comments: