Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wow! Wow...Wow!

...the word of the night from my sweet, tired and in-awe little girl.

on the 4th, Mike and I spent the morning with our children eating breakfast and hanging out as a family--which was awesome. May i just say here how GREAT it is to have my family back together.

While the kids napped, i went to pick up our friends Amanda and Bobby Rackley at the airport. Amanda and I went to Meredith College together and she and Bobby were married this past December--you may remember my post about her wedding. Anyway, i picked them up and we stopped and picked up a yummy kalua pork pizza from Big Kahuna's and went home to drop off their suitcases, eat some lunch and wait for the kiddos to wake up.

Once the kids were awake we all loaded up and went to Schofield Barracks to enjoy the 4th festivities, east some more yummy food and watch fireworks with some great friends. As usual, the kids were great even though it rained on us twice and they were up way past their bedtime. I was a little worried about how Nora would act with the loud fireworks, but she loved them...she was tired and stayed cuddle up next to me while she watched them but she loved them all the same and kept repeating in varying degrees of loudness--WoW!

It was a great day. One of my favorite days of the year.

with the love of my life
gotta be us, ya know?
you guys ready for this?
shave ice


getting his hair painted


the end result
playing on the wagon...give her brother a mean sideways glance
happy.family
amanda and me
the crowd and the cool sky



watching fireworks with our faves






1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

I love all your posts. So glad you guys are having a good time this week!